Start up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get another similar motherboard for cheap, and test it with your hardware and see if it is the cpu, if its the cpu just get a new cpu and return the test motherboard....

Charles is correct, buy a motherboard from a local vendor. Then take it back if it turns out to be the cpu. Of course, it could also be the motherboard and cpu. It's not uncommon for a motherboard to take a cpu out with it, or viceversa

Would I have to specificly buy a motherboard like the one I currently have or would I be able to buy any motherboard as long as it has the proper slots?

Also, since it seems like I'm going to be forced into upgrading more components, any suggestions? ;/

Stick with the same chipset (i believe its the sis476 chipset). That way windows xp wont bug out and crash when it boots.

Oh, wups, forgot to say, I have Win2k professional. Does that make any difference?

Hmmmm, alright, just a final note, could the fact that I didn't have my video card directly connected to the power supply have killed the mobo? (I realized today that there's a spot for a connector to the power supply, "oops'" would probably be an understatement)

It wouldn't effect the motherboard, but it would keep it from posting. Was it always connected like that? It shouldn't work without molex power

The card was always just in the motherboard, with no direct connection to the power supply. Although it seems like I can plug the power supply into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom