How good are the WD raptors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have stumped the great nubioso
lol never claimed to know everything, especially when it's things like that inwhich it's probably up to manufacturers or something.....ask me anything about RAID and you'll stump me there too lol

They come in 36GB and 74GB. Im not positive if thats the only type of Raptors. But i have seen plunty of 180GB+ 10000rpm HDD. So its not like Raptors are the only brand witch supports 10000rpm HDD.

Yeah but no matter the brand I usually only see 36 and 74gb version cause yeah I believe there's a brand named 'Cheetah'...which actually I think someone had posted in their sig a 4gb cheetah, which IMO would be kind of a waste lol, 4gb is so tiny

Oh yeah lol. My friend has something like a 12GB SCSI drive lol. It might be smaller lol. Its a back up for his server.

4gb's is enough for the main things for windows. I have run onto 5gb's but for some strange reason it put some of my videos on there, which i could delete to get it to fit the 4gb's.

They are family videos nothing good though so they could go.

I believe that 10,000RPM drives have the weird sizes due to modifications made to the actual platters on the drive in order to achieve the faster rotational speeds.

I'm not certain though, but I recall reading something similar to that.

4gb's is enough for the main things for windows. I have run onto 5gb's but for some strange reason it put some of my videos on there, which i could delete to get it to fit the 4gb's.
Nah, no way, windowsXP takes up a gig or two on it's own, and then you try and install any game like doom3, hl2, farcry, kotor: II, and that will fill up the remainder, hell some of those games won't even fit...I partitioned my 80gb drive to 25/50 (yes that's 75gb, but as most know an HD will never show the whole amount ;) ) Anyway...thought I'd never fill up the 25gb but sure enough I managed to lol, mainly from installing so many games

Well for the longest time I had 20gb primary, 80gb backup, but then I got an 80gb SATA (7200RPM) for my primary because the SATA would transfer data faster and have faster boot times and such...aaaand I've filled up my backup 80gb, I have 2.5gb left on the backup 80gb, I got 42gb left of the 50gb on my partition, and last night I uninstalled far cry, CoD, and CoD: United Offensive, so that freed up my primary to have 7gb left. Soooo total I have like 51gb of space left

I need a little box with 4 250gb drives in it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom