handy backup - any better backup programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm well i just always have my spare HD with my OS on it and clones of all my CD's but yah i guess Symantec Ghost is good im pretty sure you can use it for making back ups my friend was talking about it when he was setting up a computer cafe... but yah i think he used it for backups to even though it sais 'Gohst' on it i guess it can be used fer both... but ide say its worth a try... see if u can borrow it off a friend or sumthen though.. its lil pricey i would think... not sure though.... but if u find a good one im sure eryone would like too know. it keep us updateddd

I use "Backup My PC", It seems ok, it backs up the entire hard drive to CD's. 6 Total for me. Hopefully I'll never have to use them!!:cool:

Ghost can be used for backups, however you must "ghost" the ENTIRE drive.....meaning the OS, the registry within the OS and ALL the contents of your drive. For a more selective version of a backup program, I would recommend the above or Retrospect.

-Michael

if retrospect doesnt back up everythin, what does it backup?

personally ive been using ghost.
if u think about it, just create a full file on ur HD somewhere and if time ever comes across just use that to fix ur comp.

another thing, windows system restore isnt actually that bad, i've saved some customers with that program lol

Dude....have you really had a problem that System Restore could really fix??? If so, You are a lucky man...problems keep coming back...nice $50 an hour job (for nothing) on your part.

Retrospect is a program that will do Ghost's job or a scaled down version of Ghost's job....obviously you haven't used it.

Ghost is really not a "Backup Program"....go figure....it's a "Ghost" imaging program brought from a corporate PC rollout program that could do a lot more. Let's say that you lost a program from your OS.......Gee, I dont think Ghost is your answer...hmmmm but oh wow....retrospect allows you to CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO RESTORE, which is a TRUE quality of a "BACKUP" (Keyword)Program. Symantec thought that they could make money by "selling" it to end users!!!!

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom