Serious Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joedc5

Solid State Member
Hi Everyone, I have an HP Pavilion 760N With WinXP Home Edition. I was having problems with the internet and the PC was
very slow and I wanted a clean install and was planning not to run the internet. So I ran System Recovery and my System Recovery is built in the hard drive ( I have no software) and the computer keeps booting up and shuting itself right down. You see the blue screen that says HP and the Starting Windows and you see the mouse pointer and the computer goes back to rebooting and it keeps repeating the process. Here is what I did so far and nothing worked.

Tried Safe Mode, Tried a BIOS config with just the hard drive (cd etc... Disabled.
Tried Disconnecting my hard drive. Tried everything thing in safe mode options. I can't access the prompt or anything.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. Maybe their is a command I don't know to somehow restart and try the recovery. I tried alot of stuff and any help would be appriciated.

Thanks, Joe

Have u tries using the last settings that worked? (in safe mode options)

If you have im afraid you shall have to format.

Yes, I don't have the option due to recovery. I did a destructive recovery. So everything was formatted. I need away to reformat and install windows but I tried some commands and I can't get it to work.

Yeah I tried to set to the last settings that worked. That did not work either.

Okay I caught an error that flashes for a brief second. It says Not Enough Virtual Memory and PC is in a Loop Shutting Down And Booting Up

Use your xp cd, boot from it, and you should be able to format and install windows.... did u managed to format it?

Luckily I booted with my Laptops OS cd and I did that by going into bios and changing the boot order and formatted from the command prompt. I don't know how to run recovery from the command prompt yet. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe

You have to boot from your CD... arange the boot order so that CD is first, then insert ur recovery CD or win XP cd, and you should be flying. If you cant, maybe you can run files of the CD from CMD? Buts its much easier just to use your XP cd, and install windows via booting from it. Do you have an XP cd??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom