Computer not correct specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell what motherboard is in there? Is it an OEM board from somebody like Gigabyte or Asus? They do use those in some of their machines. They also like to build their own. It would be silkscreened on the motherboard somewhere. Something like A7V or A7N with some other numbers would be the model number for an Asus board.

Capricorn said:
You may not need to. You might want to turn down the memory to 8MB. Auto may also become 0MB if a video card is installed in the AGP slot.

Try putting in your video card, attach the monitor to it and reboot. If you see the Windows XP boot screen on that monitor, it's the primary. If you see the boot screen on your built-in video, it's still the primary.

Again, you can have two video cards running in one system. People who do video editing use such a setup.

I just want my 5500 running.

Right. I'm just thinking you may have to get this working by starting with them both working and then disabling the onboard video from within Windows. If I knew what motherboard you had, I could download the manual for it and take a look at it's BIOS options. There really ought to be a way to disable it in BIOS somewhere. Sometimes, it's well hidden. Any clues there?

The manuel says to determin whether my card is PCI or AGP. So is there a possibility this might be PCI though the slots all look the same. Can someone tell me why I can't fit my vid card in?

No they all look the same except all the tanned ones are lined up and the AGP slot is a little bit lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom