WHy are my temps so high all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
A friend and I set up a Halo Dedicated Server, and i have been on TeamSpeak for the past couple of days, but my temps have taken a drastic rise, almost 10 C higher.

Usual CPU Temps: 44-45C
Current CPU Temps: 55C

Usual Mobo Temps: 38C
Current Mobo Temps: 43C

Oh, I have also been on xfire a lot too. My comp is sitting in a room with the ceiling fan running, and is siitting right in front of an open window and the weather has been a bit windy for the past couple of days. What is going on? Do online chatting programs rise the temps, is it the dedicated server (I have the console runnin)?

The dedicated server is going to be using a fair amount of cpu and memory cycles. I ran a couple counterstrike servers on a dual xeon with a couple gb of ram. Each server would utilize an average of 15-20% of resources with 28 people, during map cycle it would boost to 99% for a few seconds. That was with conservative settings. Once i got into using cpu to process more data to make pings lower, each server would use 25-30% with 28 people. Oh, this is also under linux. With windows overhead, yes it could be why your systems average temp is higher. Judging by your 45c usual temp, i would assume that you're using an intel processor. Take the side of the case off, make sure you dont have dust or anything in your fans. Check airflow, make sure case fans are blowing from front to back. leaving the case off could interupt airflow and actually make a system warmer. With an intel system, i wouldn't get to worried until your system hits 60c. It shouldn't go much higher than 55

Oh, I'm so relieved. Thanks guys. Yea, I ran PC Wizard and the CPU activity is at about 25%. I guess that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom