Windows media player 10 problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
On one of my computers the media player has a slight problem. My wife loves to watch the visualizations. Almost all of them look great. When I put on one called geforce from sound spectrum it plays somewhat jerky. I thought my vid card could be having problems but I have an ati aiw 9600 pro. I have the same vis on itunes and when I play the same vis on that, it works great. What could be causing this? It plays great on itunes but not on WMP. Thanks.

Now for the second computer I have. It is brand new. When I go to play a dvd on WMP I seem to have some problems. It is like it cuts in and out and plays it in slow motion. I went to the speed setting in wmp and it was set right. I played the dvd on power dvd player and it works great. Music plays great on the wmp but not dvd. What is going on with my wmp's. All have some type of glitches. Can anyone help???? ???

About the first problem you said that your wife loves visualizations why dont you use winamp full and watch the milkDrop visualization its the best i ever seen and it flows like a waterfall even with my average Geforce4MX
try it you will tank me

How much is winamp full? Can I transfer all my purchased music from napster and walmart over to it? Can I use the geforce vis? Thanks.

I heard that geforce vis s for almost players so it must be for winamp too about the price winamp is a free player i meant by full that you should not use lite (just a size differance)

winamp is a lot smaller and have a smaller process
about your purched music if they are just some simple mp3 sure you can run them but may be they are incrypted to run with only the original player for that you will have to try

After experimenting with things I found that by turning off hyperthreading the graphics on my computer work much better now. So problem 1 solved. Problem 2 still in working process though. Anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom