Computer not correct specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi, I got my new comp yesterday and first thing I did was check My Computer properties and first thing I saw is it only has 448mb of ram when it's supposed to have 512. Also my HD does not have 200 gigs but more like 180-190 when it's supposed to have 200?

I'm sure there might be more problems with this comp so can anyone tell me where I go to see all the specs on my comp?

The 190 gigs is because when windows formats a hard drive, their is wasted space.

You only have 448 meg of ram as well, because your intergrated graphics is using 64 meg of it.

Hold it, I didn't know I have integrated. Does this mean that I can't put in my GeForce 5500 vid card on my comp since the integrated is on the motherboard?? If it doesn't how do I turn off my integrated and uninstall all the drivers?

Also, I don't know a whole bunch about video cards but how is the 6600 better when it only has 128mb of ram and my 5500 has 256mb. What does the MB even do?

Depends on the motherboard, and the video card. You can also disable integrated in the bios.

The 5500 needs an agp slot, you need to make sure you have an agp slot.

Also, you lose space from an error by harddrive manufactures. When they build a harddrive they consider 1000bytes to be 1 kbyte. In reality this conversion is 1024bytes to 1 kbyte. They also consider 1000kbytes to be = 1mbyte. In reality this conversion is 1024kbytes to 1mbyte. If you do the math 200,000,000,000 / 1024 = 195312500 (or 195g 312mb 500kb)/1024 = 190734 (or 190g 734mb). You also loose even more space in the conversion from mbytes to gigabyte / 1024 = 186gbyte (is what you should have). Still not sure why they do this? Maybe the taiwanese government is trying to destroy the system from within??? Who knows, but they've been doing this since the beginning of hds as we know them.

I just saw your other thread. Tell them the system doesnt work like it's supposed to. Return it, then proceed to go on newegg and buy parts and build a new system.

You're an end user. Just act dumb and keep pushing to return it.

How do I find out if I have an AGP slot or not?
How do I turn off my integrated?

senseless said:
I just saw your other thread. Tell them the system doesnt work like it's supposed to. Return it, then proceed to go on newegg and buy parts and build a new system.

You're an end user. Just act dumb and keep pushing to return it.

I really don't wanna go through the trouble of returning the comp as I'm happy with it right now. Is there some problem with it?

JeffK91 said:
How do I find out if I have an AGP slot or not?
How do I turn off my integrated?

Do you have a camera? take a picture of the inside of the case and i can tell you. Otherwise, read the manual.

I really don't wanna go through the trouble of returning the comp as I'm happy with it right now. Is there some problem with it?

It's a compaq, you'll get 2x to 3x the life out of a system that you build yourself with higher quality parts. You're paying 20-30% markup per-part that is in your computer. Aswell as a 300$ build/warranty fee.
Which makes your 1000$ computer end up costing about 400-500$ when all is said and done.

definitely build one, get more power for your money and you get exactly what you want. if you are using that system for gaming you may want to add more ram

Return it and pretend you want to spend at least 3 brand on another PC.

But in reality, take your 1g and buy a new PC at newegg.

BTW: An agp slot is brown and inside your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom