pc ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelUser101

In Runtime
does it really matter on the type of pc ram u use? like pc-3200 pr pc-2700 or pc-2100 or like sdram, does it really matter while playing like wow or city of hero's?

You need to get the correct PC for your comp. Putting in the wrong ram might fry your motherboard so just becareful.

Any DDR Ram with work with any DDR motherboard

However old ram like PC2100 and 2700, you will notice slowdowns in today's games

SDRAM would not work, and is WAAY to slow anyways

would ddr2 be any good for world of warcraft, my cousin has a stick of 512 pc-2700 and it runs pretty darn good, but would ddr2 be good for today's gaming?

DDR2 is completely different dude. Your mobo won't support that.

Putting in the wrong ram might fry your motherboard so just becareful.
Not true...the worst that would happen is the computer not boot up, simple as that.

Personnally i feel that the difference of speed only give u higher marks on benchmark, we wouldnt spot the difference with our eyes.

Not always the case. I noticed big increases when i switched from 2100 to 1 gig dual channel 3200

my brother has a board that only support upto pc2100 (ddr266 i think it is) anyhow can i put a stick of ddr400 in there and will that underclock itself to the lower speed, i want to get the higher stuff cos hes gettin a new computer in about 2 months and that has 512ddr400 in it already so want to be to use this stuff in new one. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom