Got my 6600GT back on RMA, now this one is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
Ok cliffnotes version
My XFX 6600GT was sent out on RMA for causing random reboots (driver error)
Took 2 weeks

Today I get another newer generation 6600GT. Sexy and it's all good.
Clean the drivers off (i was using a 440 without nvidia drivers).

Pop my 6600GT in and now I get this purple BS

testhardware00029by.jpg

testhardware00094ft.jpg

testhardware00129uc.jpg

Oh yeah, I would like to add that samtack, which is XFX's distributor is actually nice and has more than half a brain :)

Even though it took slightly over 2 weeks not including shipping on my end

Install the latest drivers. This problem is actually common when minimizing the game and bringing it back up.

And changing settings, thats when I get purple colour. I close the game and open it back up.

How do you get the fps thing?

net_graph 3

I already reinstallled and reinstalled again, if doubble checking what I am doing does not work, I will reinstall windows.

Than I will RMA the card if nessacary

You're computer is on acid. That is all.

Also, 10$ says XFX just sent you the same card back. When people get something in for rma, all they do is post it 90% of the time. If it posts, it works.. In their mind. Tyan is especially bad for this, im not sure about xfx though.

I used to get that problem, it was caused either by a lower version in drivers or when I minimized the game and maximized the game or/and both.

I now use the Official drivers from Nvidia and I've have no problems, I also posted about my game been choppy a-while back now, I've fixed that by downloading the Official drivers from Nvidia, not from 3dguru.com :).

senseless said:
You're computer is on acid. That is all.

Also, 10$ says XFX just sent you the same card back. When people get something in for rma, all they do is post it 90% of the time. If it posts, it works.. In their mind. Tyan is especially bad for this, im not sure about xfx though.

Samtack (XFX Distrib) sent me a completly new card. However this one doesnt have a serial number, hrm...

New core which can withstand 18 more degrees celcious, new heatsink.

But no serial number hrm... It just has some 3 digit number written in pen :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom