Building first Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

silence03

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm going to be building my first computer from scratch and I'm looking for some advice on what to buy. this computer is mostly going to be for gaming(especially online). I will probably use it to use Microsoft Word, but that would be it. My budget is between $2000-$3000. What do you guys suggest I get?? Any information would be appreciated.

well 1stly look at gettin most of it from www.newegg.com if ur in the usa cos they are the cheapest. i havent got time to look into everythin ul need but look at a

amd 3200 socket 939
dfi 939 nforce4 ultra motherboard
1gig of gskill or corsair or similar memory (value ram is fine)
if ur running no games at all a 6200 would do u fine
any case u like the look off
u could do most of that for well under ur budget so upgrade any of them as u fancy or save urself sum money.

I like the looks of aj2003's suggestions. With your budget you could probably manage to get an fx-53 or fx55 CPU. Also, maybe 2 6800GTs.

Okay newegg.com is your Americans cheapest store, everyone here is newegg fanboys (not like it's a bad thing)

With that amount of money, you should try looking at a SLI setup with 2 6800GT's. EVGA is considered the best brand for this.

An DFI Nforce 4 SLI board for 225$ would be a good motherboard.

Build the rest of your system aroud these parts. Than get a CPU you can afford, at least a 3500+ and maybee an FX-55

If you can tell us your needs if you need monitors, what space of HD's ect we will be able to help you more.

emeraldice said:
2000-3000 is a lot of money.

Yea it is. My computer costed me about $1,000.00, and it's not half bad. You can really build a kick ass PC with that much money.

-Dan The Man

emeraldice said:
2000-3000 is a lot of money.

Damn straight its alot, don't forget about hard drives, depending on your internet connection: look to Raid some Sata drives no smaller than 120gb with that budget.

Wow I got my machine for under $700...and in my opinion its a decent machine, a $3000 is a dream for anyone to build on. Good Luck!!

Your really lucky to have such a large amount to spend. But SLI, is not something thats needed. Thats something people always like to throw in. I suggest a single 6800 Ultra. The 6800 Ultra is such a great video card. Dual 6800 GT wont have much graphic increase. Thats really a waste of your money. The 6800 Ultra is pretty much the best video card on the market. Do you really think you should buy 2? Your lucky if you can afford 1.

I suggest a single 6800 Ultra, with a AMD64 3800. The 3800 performs better at gaming then any Intel, and is one of the best AMD64 processors. Those cost 380$. Now if you are looking for the BEST processor, then a FX-55 or AMD64 4000. I dont suggest a FX-53, because the AMD64 4000 is the same thing. Just the FX-53 is more OC friendly, witch also cost more. So forget about the FX-53 unless your a big OC.

we had a thread about SLI cards. We said that they were a pain to take care of cauze you had to update them everytime you wanted to play the newest game. They didnt' have 100% compatablity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom