Faxing Thru Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmey

Baseband Member
I WOULD LIKE TO FAX FROM AND TO MY PC, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS FOR SOME TIME NOW BUT CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT THE SETUP - I DID A SEARCH AND FOUND I HAVE A STANDARD MODEM ATTACHED TO COM2 , I HAVE HIGH SPEED - WOULD THAT BE THE CAUSE? ANYONE! THANKS

U can go to ( Start ) >>> ( Printers and faxes ) >>> Setup up faxing ,,,and follow the steps they r simple.

N.B: U should have the windows installation CD

THANKS GUYS, I DID THE FAX SET UP AND ALL BUT THE PROB IS IT WONT TRANSMIT - SO I'M GUESSING IT HAS TO DO WITH HIGH SPEED - DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE'S A SPECIAL THING I HAVE TO DO (PLUG IN A REGULAR PHONE CORD - FROM PC TO PHONE LINE) OR CAN IT GO STRAIGHT THRU MY HIGH SPEED CONNECTION? I PROB SOUND STUPID BUT NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO DO. THANKS AGAIN! CARM

Carmey, to be able to send a fax u should be connecting to the internet through a ( Fax Modem ) ...so this rises the question ?
How r u connecting to the internet right now ? Cable , DSL or wat ? if ur using one of these u should roll back to the ordinary fax modem (dial up) ONLY wn sending the fax...then after ur done switch back to the high speed

Try it and let me know

YES, I'M USING DSL - I WILL TRY Y'R SUGGESTION, THANK YOU VERY MUCH - ALSO, BECAUSE I'M ON A HOME NETWORK WILL THAT AFFECT THE OTHER PC'S?

OIDanTheManIO said:
eFax is a free and efficient way to send and (optionally) receive faxes via the internet.

www.efax.com

-Dan The Man

By the way, eFax allows you to send and receive faxes via any internet connection. No dial-up modem is required and you can opt to receive faxes through any email account.

-Dan The Man

BUT LOVE, IT DOES'NT SEEM TO BE FREE! I WENT TO THE WEBSITE AND IT SAID $18 PER MONTH CAD. I'M JUST STARTING A SMALL BUSINESS AND TRYING TO KEEP THE COST DOWN. I HAVE A REGULAR FAX MACHINE AND IF I CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT I WILL HAVE TO GET ANOTHER LINE - WHICH IS ALSO EXPENSIVE..JUST TRYING TO CUT COSTS FOR TIME BEING, I'M SURE I'M OVERLOOKING SOMETHING! THANKS A BUNCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom