Interesting IE Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

brady

S e c u r e d
When my user hits the "Mailto:" on any site.
It automatically brings up outlook express.
I have set the outlook in the program list via .adm account.
All aspects of the normal fix for this have been covered ex:
repush/repairing.
nothing is working.

any ideas ?

the problem with uninstalling a program on my network is that the GPO here is brutal. Anything missing on startup that is in his GP will propagate back to the client during logon.
so you can see my problem.

open it up and uncheck the set as default email option.

You could also hide it. make a folder in the program files call hidden files and cut and paste the program file folder there

Thanks Eric, I have tried the unchecking feature both with user and .adm acct's. As far as the
EricB said:
You could also hide it. make a folder in the program files call hidden files and cut and paste the program file folder there [/B]
Im not sure if you mean IE or express. Not even sure what that would do. BTW i was also thinking that it could possibly
be something in the local profile of this acct. Unfortunetly I will not be able to try these future fixes until monday. I will let you know how it turns out.

bradybnmci said:
Thanks Eric, I have tried the unchecking feature both with user and .adm acct's. As far as the Im not sure if you mean IE or express. Not even sure what that would do. BTW i was also thinking that it could possibly
be something in the local profile of this acct. Unfortunetly I will not be able to try these future fixes until monday. I will let you know how it turns out.

I was talking about cut and pasting the outlook express program file into the hidden folder.

I hide various programs in this manner for different reasons to make them inaccessable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom