Building Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt rely on what tiger direct says if i where you they all retards there. i had called them and they said i coulkd return a motherboard then whe i got there they said no. and the cashier was messed up returning it then halfing to not return in the end i got a fee asus a7n8x motherboard because they where all messed up a didnt realize it :0)

Ok I got a few questions maybe you guys can answer them and I'm set

I got a different monitor how is this?

Do I need a heatsink with this case that I have, I heard this heatsink works very well.

How is the hard drive?

and the CPU?

Thanks

He Hate Me said:
Ok I got a few questions maybe you guys can answer them and I'm set

I got a different monitor how is this?

Do I need a heatsink with this case that I have, I heard this heatsink works very well.

How is the hard drive?

and the CPU?

Thanks

HDD and CPU are great, any monitor should do

what do you mean by heatsink? heatsink/fan for the cpu? if you're meaning that, it comes with the retail box (the stock one)

edit: can you give us a list of your final build? [without all the newegg links] (btw, you don't need a sound card)

Well the Zalman 7700 I've heard is really good, should I get this for my case? If so will it support it?

Is the audio that comes with the mobo any good? Because I've read that this sound card is pretty good, and should I get the retail version, does it include any stuff that I actually need? or just get OEM

Ok heres the final build:
Case:
Thermaltake Silver XASER III LanFire ATX MID Tower Chassis with 420W power Supply, Model "VM2420AU" -RETAIL
Motherboard:
DFI "LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
Memory:
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail
Sound Card:
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" OEM
Video Card:
eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "256-P2-N376-AX" -RETAIL
Floppy: (LOL)
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive, Model MPF920, OEM

He Hate Me said:
Ok heres the final build:
Case:
Thermaltake Silver XASER III LanFire ATX MID Tower Chassis with 420W power Supply, Model "VM2420AU" -RETAIL
Motherboard:
DFI "LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
Memory:
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail
Sound Card:
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" OEM
Video Card:
eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "256-P2-N376-AX" -RETAIL
Floppy: (LOL)
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive, Model MPF920, OEM

there really isn't much difference between the onboard audio and the audio card you're getting, unless you're an audio nut, i really don't see a point in getting the audigy

also, IMO, the 3800+ is redundant, i'd rather just get a 3200+ or 3500+ and save the money for later upgrades

One more thing; i suggest getting this burner, it gets better reviews than sony and i'm pretty sure a lot of people are usint it/happy with it (you can tell by the number of people owning it and the reviews on newegg, i personally own it and i'm very happy)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-152-035&depa=1

one last thing, you COULD get an aftermarket cooler (NV silencer or zalman) if you plan on OCing it

I concur, if you want an external audio card get an audiophile 192, or revolution 7.1. They're a little more expensive but you'll notice a huge difference (if you've ever used an audigy 2 zs before). I'd recommend the 192 over the 7.1 though.

or you can get a av-710 for a sound card, super cheap (~$25) and i've heard they sound really good. also, i have the same monitor you're getting and it's really nice. i also got the zalman 7700 heatsink, also really nice. you have a nice setup going except i'd get the 3500 instead of the 3800. you can just oc past the 3800 spec and save some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom