confused as a monkey on a cows as.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

In Runtime
ok. my motherboars supports fsb of up to 333mhz on the processor. and it supports 400mhz ddr 400 ram (pc3200). but with amd systems. this is the way brad explained it to me. with amd systems, the fsb of the processor is double the speed of the ram. so if my ram was running at 400mhz then that would mean my processor would have to be 800mhz, it doesn't make any sense. but to have my ram run full speed it means my processor would have to run OCed. but that shouldn't happen. if my mobo only supports up to 333mhz fsb that means that the ram could only run at 166mhz, which is pc2700. someone please explain to me how i could get both to run their fastest. what i want is my amd athlon xp 1800+ which has a fsb of 266mhz and i want 512mb of pc3200 ram which runs at 400mhz. how do you get both to run at their max without overclocking? or do you not? why would they make the motherboard support 400mhz ram if the processor fsb was only 333mhz. makes no sense. PLEASE HELP EXPLAIN THIS TO ME....PLEASE!

fsb = just speed of processing isnt it?

and ram = just random access memory

i dont think fsb really has anythin to do with ram...

imho anyways

but that's it, there is no default on my motherboard. i have to select it. so how do i make everything run at it's fastest? or is that not possible since my cpu has a different fsb then that of my ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom