Widescreen Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow those seeem like good specs too, heres the specs VIII.

Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition with SP2
edit

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 630 w/HT Technology, 3.0GHz

Display 17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Wide Viewing (1680x1050)

Memory 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x512MB)

Hard Drive 80 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

Primary CD/DVD Drive LightScribe 8x DVD+/-RW & CD-RW Combo Drive

Graphics Card 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) X600

Networking 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth

Primary Battery 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

thats prolly what it'll be. any ideas for a good school/gaming laptop for under $2000 if the HP wont be good?

everything looks GREAT except for the gpu, it SHOULD (dont hold me to that) play hl2 and doom3 at reasonable settings..
if your going to spend 2,000 why not look into a desktop, you could get 5 times that.... but if its a laptop u want then keep looking around...

if games arent too important to u then get it, definently.. but if the compputer is for more than about 25% gaming, then i wouldnt.. have a look at the range of ASUS

Well if ur with me on this, the x700 is compared to the 6600GT but pretty much gets stomped on, so the x600 wouldnt be the best, but it should play most games.. but when new engines come out it wont be much... and it is a costly thing to replace gpu'z in laptops

scratch everythingg ive said about the graphics card and have an open mind.... i checked out some reviews for the x600 and basically, more or less, its the pci-e version of the 9600 series... soo ur basically gettin a 9600, non pro or xt. It will be ok, but once again in the near future with games such as STALKER, ur not gona be able to play it too well...

so, YES ur card will run doom 3 and hl2, but at medium settings

so the x600 is the asus? i would get a nice desktop, but i've already got a decent 4 year old one that is good for typing and everything, so i figured why not spend money on a nice laptop?

dude check out the dell xps gen2 IT IS the BEST gaming laptop out right now (no joke). its around 2,300 bucks and with that you get
17 inch widescreen
2.1 ghz m proc
6800 ultra
1 gig of ram

and that competes with most desktops with a 6800gt

yeah dell xps laptop is best for gaming. ive gota satellite a70, its 15.4 widescreen and it streches the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom