CMOS Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a jumper near the battery on the mobo. Move the jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3 for 5 mins, then move it back to 1-2, or pop the battery out for a few hours

Nubius said:
There's a jumper near the battery on the mobo. Move the jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3 for 5 mins, then move it back to 1-2, or pop the battery out for a few hours

Is it a another way to restore a CMOS factory settings to our PC???????. I dont know what will happen if we do like this?????????

If we remove CMOS battery all contents in the CMOS setup will be losed. Then BIOS will get data for booting from CMOS factory settings. In this way CMOS factory settings will be loaded. Like this any other way to restore CMOS Factory settings?????????????

Those are the only two ways I know of.

Really, I don't understand why you are so worried. If you clear the CMOS it will return to default settings, and then you can go back into BIOS and reconfigure all of your hardware.

Unless there is a great amount of static in your work area or something else like that, it should be fine.

Nubius said:
or pop the battery out for a few hours

ouch, a few hours? you can have the same results if you remove the battery for 5 minutes. :)

Yeah just remove the nickel sized battery, you'll be fine.

ouch, a few hours? you can have the same results if you remove the battery for 5 minutes.
I only say that because there have been instances where it's be 'advised' <-- key word there lol, to leave it out for as much as 24 hours, but I believe that was mostly to try and reset the BIOS password at that.

Is there anyother way????? I have to answer for this question tomorrow in my class?????????
There's only two ways which we've told you. One question mark will suffice also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom