geforce2 mx vs. geforce4 mx

Status
Not open for further replies.
tthe order is

gf4 ti series
gf3 ti series
gf4 mx series
gf 2 series

i know there are more to that but i dont know much about then cos i only started builing with a gf3 ti200 many years ago.

@ranfx if u dont want to spend much on a graphics card your not goin to get great performance in any of them games but to play them look at gettin a ati 9550 or 9600. they are about £50 (GBP) so about $90(USD) they would play them game on low settings ok i would of though

An MX-440 will run games like HL2 ok today. However to get decent FPS, the game looks like complete utter garbage.

You DEFIANTLY need a new card for Doom3 though.

I got Geforce4 MX 4000 its true that it dont have any pixel shader to run newer games but in other games (prince of persia warrior within, half life 2 underground2) you will play fine.
compared to a geforce2 with the same memory i think that 4 would be much better.
also notice that geforce2 may run faster with older drivers

It does, i tried a new driver on one a little while ago, and it cut my performance by a third. But the bottom line of this post is that the GeForce 2 MX 400 wont run Doom 3 or Half Life 2 or Far Cry, or anything newer than than Halo.

The Geforce 4mx 440 is similar in price to a geforce 3 ti200, but will not give you as good of performance. I used to own a geforce 4mx 420 a couple of years ago, but got my new card last summer and there is a HUGE performance difference between the two. As for the newer geforce 4 mx 4000, my brother just got the 128 mb version (PCI), and it's great for the older games he plays (Dungeon Seige, Anachronox, etc. all about 2 years old), but you'd be better off springing for a low end Radeon 9200 or Geforce 5200, both about $100

I had a GeForce 4 MX on my old HP computer. It was a sorry excuse for a graphics card. I never ran any benchies on it, but lets just say I only got about 25-30 fps in UT2004 on Medium settings, no AA or AF.

beedubaya said:
I had a GeForce 4 MX on my old HP computer. It was a sorry excuse for a graphics card. I never ran any benchies on it, but lets just say I only got about 25-30 fps in UT2004 on Medium settings, no AA or AF.

Would it play better than your x800pro on doom3 :p

I had an MX440 in my computer for the past 2 weeks. Got my 6600GT back from XFX. This one is broken too (different broken though) and it has to go back again.

thanks for all your guys help. so to get ready for the newer games, i think i'm gonna get a radeon 9600 to 9800 (256 mb), and 512x2 kingston ram. what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom