Quietest Affordable PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool- can u help me real quick on something? it says that PSU is SATA, but i cant find the cables/connectors that are on the PSU listed anywhere! this will still work with ATA, wont it?

I don't honestly know if it has any SATA connectors. But even if it doesn't most SATA drives have a spot where you can connect a regular 4 pin to it if you don't have an SATA power connection available.

Going thermaltake is the good route

I run my 3400+ at 2.5GHZ and my 1 gig of ram, 2 7.2K RPM hard drives, 6600GT, Asus A8V, 14 fans off of

A 420Watt Thermaltake TD-420AD

I cant say how great this cheap little power supply is. All rails are within .1 volts as well.

Pilotwings119 said:
i have ATA drives- so im wanting to make sure it'll work with those
ATA is a normal drive, aka IDE
Your power supply and mobo will of course be compatible with these as these are the default drive type

i got the Thermaltake PSU (in my sig) in the mail today! I installed it, and it works GREAT! its super super quiet! Thanks guys

nobody will agree but i just built mine using a rosewill 550 watt and it is EXTREMELY quiet, and sweet looking for 50 bucks. i have tons of stuff in my case and it powers it all

PoisonPorkchop said:
nobody will agree but i just built mine using a rosewill 550 watt and it is EXTREMELY quiet, and sweet looking for 50 bucks. i have tons of stuff in my case and it powers it all

actually i agree

but going with a brand like rosewill will increase the chances of your stuff getting fried or whatever and the psu itself won't have as much longitivety as brands such as PCP&C or thermaltake

ive played farcry on my comp using a generic 20pin 400/450W psu and it works fine, however, it doesn't mean my stuff won't get fried :p

diabloII said:
but going with a brand like rosewill will increase the chances of your stuff getting fried or whatever and the psu itself won't have as much longitivety as brands such as PCP&C or thermaltake

exactly- i told agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom