delayed write failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer_RPK

In Runtime
OK, it go's a lil like this; I've got two external hard drives, a LaCie 400GB and a Maxtor 250GB. I trying to transfer alot'a data from the maxtor to the Lacie, the transfer'll run for about 45-60 seconds then I get a 'Delayed Write Failed' and the Lacie drive locks up and needs to be power cycled before it's accessible again. I tried hook the drives up in a few different configurations; eg. both to the USB hub, one to the hub one to the computer, then one to the front controller and one to the back controller. I also did the M$ thing and turned off the write caching, and there was a regedit they recommendedÂ… no dice. I also went ahead and set it all up on another computer, and it gave me the same error. The work around IÂ’ve been using is IÂ’ll copy the data off the maxtor to the local hard drive and then write it up to the Lacie. This solution isnÂ’t really amicable though, so if anyone has any ideas lemme know.

Thx
Ryan

ive had that error on a few of my computers, i didnt have any important info on the drive, i replaced the hard drive with new ones.

probaly not the solution your looking for :)

ya, thanks for the though, but ya that doesn't really solve, my problem, I'm thinking it probally has less to do with the drives them selves and more with how M$ XP handels the task

^ One of the drives has bad sectors and/or is going bad. It happened to be so i replaced the drive. I have 3 drives now which i transfer data on and no problems.

Try running a checkdsk on both drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom