Bypassing Admin Rights...Win 2000 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
Is there a way to do this. My PC at work runs like crap and our IT guy is a moron (he's like 75 yrs old :rolleyes: ). I could make the computer run the way it should if I could get in as an administrator, but unfortunately I'm only a Power User and am locked out of the necessary functions.

any suggestions would be great.

I'd recommend speaking to your boss about what it is you want to do. We had a guy at my job bypass admin rights, well let's just say he no longer works for us if you get my drift.

I wouldn't recommend doing it, usually the computers are the contractors and if you mess them up you could be held liable for whatever time is charged to the contractors for repairing. For example, I work at a third party and they charge the company around $44 an hour per person (wish I saw all that on my check!!!) and around $60 for head engineers. Plus any downtime if it is in manufacturing. Plus, since usually we have a party of 3 or 4 working at the same time (here, anyways as we have the client system and then someone in the background checking the server) thats $44 x 3 or 4 per hour PLUS any profits lost from the company handed to you on a silver platter. If it is due to your meddling, they may charge you for it since it was an employee of their customer that caused the problem, and not by normal wear and tear. So, you may get fired, be liable for charges, or both.

^^ that is a useful tool anyway, even if you are not doing anything dodgy with it if you have passwords.

I don't require one, so i won't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom