Upgrading to AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks pretty good!! Except, the CPU is the OEM version, which is no different from the retail version, except that the OEM version has no heatsink and fan included.

Also, the motherboard uses AGP for its graphics interface, which is fine, and will give great gaming performance, but its less 'futureproof' than getting a motherboard that has a PCIE graphics interface.

A heatsink is basically a heat radiator that takes the heat produced by chips, like the CPU, and radiates away from the chip. In newer CPUs a heatsink is paired with a fan that take the heat from the heatsink and blows it away from the cpu

alright got a retail cpu, and I still think I'm going to stick with the agp, can't afford pci-e yet, I plan on building another computer soon though, so I'll probably go pci-e on that one.

Ya, I run AGP on my computer, and I like it just fine. You can easily set up a computer with AGP to run all of the latest games at higher settings.

well once again thanks for all the help
I was just about to buy that stuff too, didn't realize I had mixed up the vid card.

No prob, if you have any questions about building, etc later just post on the forums again, and you'll get the help you need!

haha, good thing you got the vid card matched to the motherboard, that would have been pretty crappy if you got the parts and the vid card couldnt fit into the motherboard:)

A tip before you start, discharge yourself of static. Get a wristband with the stuff you are ordering, or put your psu in first, plug it in, but dont turn it on, and keep on touching metal to discharge your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom