New mobo - format hard disk???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
hiya

if i put a new mobo in, will i need to reformat my hard drive.

im guessing yes

can anyone clear this up?

thx

Kronos

Yes. It will be all new drivers and whatnot that the board uses. A format is necessary

Also too add an image you fristly need to upload your image to a server which most people use http://imageshack.us/ fast and greatway of hosting images, then you need to get the link for where it is uploaded, I'm sure it will state the locatation of the file and then go into your UserCP on TechForum's and added the link in
tags.

So it should look like:

url]

But without the spaces from the
url]

You don't have to format. Make sure to backup your data though cause sometimes windows doesn't boot but it mostly works fine. I did it 3 times, even with Windows 98SE.

Why would Nubius say, "Yes you need to format your HDD."?
hmmm? LOL-I've got a virus, FORMAT - My sound card isn't working, FORMAT, my monitor is flickering, FORMAT - My keyboard is sticking, FORMAT - CD-burner won't recognize media, FORMAT... LOL

You don't need to format the HDD. Just need to install new MOBO drivers.

You may want to remove your old drivers as they may conflict with your new ones.

Your just putting a new motherboard in, just uninstall the other drivers, and install the ones with your motherboard. I don't think your supposed to format your hard drive.

okay, usually when you run into problems there are a few things you'll need to do. Try each and see if it fixes the problem. First, try and run a repair. If no go, then rund fixdisk, if nothing fixmbr. If it finally boots then install the MBD chipset drivers again (thats if just installing at the beginning doesn't work to begin with).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom