Problem installing Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0|\|R/\D

Solid State Member
Hey, iv got windows 2000 on my pc, and i wanna install windows 98 so i can play the best game in the worl (Power Slide)
Which dosent work on 2000, and dosent work any other way that iv tried so far...

so i wanna install 98... but i cant do it in windows, because it dosent work (its not suposted to work) and it tells me that im suposted to reset and install it from DOS, which i dont have...
and have No clue about how to get it.

Can Someone Plz help me.

Do you wish to reformat the drive with ONLY windows 98 on it? Or do you wish to keep your current data in tact and have both Windows 2000 and Windows 98 on the drive as a dual boot system?

good luck with the downgrade. finding drivers for 98 is going to suck for you. I dont recommend it if you dont know even how to start an install.

i want to have a dual boot...

and its not that i dont know how to install it...
its just that i dont know how to install dos, which seems to be the only way to install it.

iv got two drives, with two partitions...
i think i know what to do now...

Im gonna find a program called 'Partition magic'
then use it to create a new partition on the puny as 7 gigs that iv got left, and set it as FAT, and install 98 onto that...

my dads helping me out now... thanks for the help.

ok... Iv got a new partition made, which is fat... For the new windows, But i dont know wat to do next...

Iv downloaded a boot disk for windows 98 SE, and reset my windows...

Then i get 3 options,

1.boot with cd suport
2. boot without cd suport
3. and i think the last one waz to exit..

when i go to either boot with or without cd suport, Nothing works properly, and eventuly, bill gates, waz dumb enough to make it say "TYPE HELP TO GET HELP"

so then i typed help, and it says a whole bunch of shit only sumone with any knowledge about it wud know..

Ie, Bill gates is an idiot..

Does anyone know wat to do?

(basicly iv got a windows 98SE cd with a boot disk and a FAT partition and dont know how to frikn install it)

Boot from the CD with CD-ROM support. Then run the fdisk program to partition your drive. You will want to clear the entire hard drive, and split it in halfs. Keep the first half for Windows 98 and the second half for Windows 2000. It is imperative that you install Windows 98 BEFORE you install Windows 2000. After you get your partitions made using FDISK, restart, then format C:, then run setup off the CD. Then you should be able to install Windows 98 like normal. After that, you can install Windows 2000, but instead of choosing to upgrade 98, choose to install a brand new copy of Windows and install it in drive D:.

ok.. Maybe i didnt quit type somthing in right...

Iv got 60 gigs of space on my pc. and only about 9 gigs are free...
..Im not Planing on formating any of it because id like to keep all of the stuff i have....

is there anything i can do to install window 98 without having to delete all of my stuff?

o, and btw... i already have a partitioned space availiable for the new windows installation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom