NO DISPLAY WITH PCI'S inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to square one...

Wait wait wait...you said if you remove the cards, you get a display?

Uh...When you have the cards in, do you have the monitor cord actually plugged into the video cards, or is it still in the mobo?

LOL :) :p :) LOL

Maybe the BIOS somehow thinks that a PCI video card is inserted. Is that an option in the BIOS? If so, try disabling it.

i've also done that.. i've checked everything int he BIOS.
i also set it to defaults and i still cant get display!

Go back to the beginning.

Make sure you've done the following:

1. Your motherboard can handle SLI, it has updated drivers, and the BIOS is setup to accept SLI.

2. You have verified that both video cards to be used function by inserting one at a time and making sure they can operate alone.

3. You've installed both cards, and properly installed the SLI link adapter to bridge the two cards.

4. Both cards are exactly identical, from the same manufacturer, and are clearly stated to work in an SLI setup.

5. You have properly connected the video cable to the correct card, in the correct adapter.

6. You are not trying to use an S-Video adapter on bootup.

7. You are using the same cable connection type as when you do not have the SLI setup in place (VGA vs DVI).

If that doesn't work, consider that your motherboard may be fkd.

ok first of all the two cards are not video cards...

one is a modem, and another is an audio card...

things.. they'll need both....

so im still lost

My bad...I'm sorry, I got caught up in the SLI...

Anyway, make sure both PCI cards work by themselves, first. Try putting them in different slots. Try cards you already know that work in those slots and see what happens.

Don't try to install them both at once. Do one first, get it stable and updated, then install the other. Installing two cards at once is generally a bad idea.

i dont know if the cards work.... but if they dont work why would it interfere with the display ??? that jsut doesnt make any sense!!
but i'll double check if the cards work or not

It makes a lot of sense, pizzanchy...

If one or both of the cards is toasted, it could very easily mess up the whole motherboard, shorting it out, making it malfunction, or even toasting the motherboard.

These aren't Legos, man. If something's not right with the card, or the port it's plugged into, you could have everything from funny functionality, beeps, to total system destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom