XP won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckBaker

Solid State Member
Hi I am hoping some one can help me out here or might know what my problem is.

I have a duel boot system with WinME and WinXP but my WinXP has stopped booting up. It starts to boot and then the computer restarts.

I disable the auto restart so I could see the message that flashes just before reboot and it says that XP has encountered a problem and has stopped loading to protect my computer from damage.

OK. I get that. so I was just going to reformat my partition and reload XP But my WinXP cd won't even start. I get the same error message when I try and us it.

So. I figure it isn't a software problem but a Hardware problem. I have two drives on this machine so I removed one drive at a time to see if I could ge the CD to work but still nothing. And sometimes when I boot the computer it won't even see the hard drives.

So now I am thinking either the Motherboard, CPU, or Memory is bad.

Any one got any ideas?

Booting ME

Yes. ME will boot. and run. I cleaned off the ME partition and reloaded it. and I was going to reformat my XP partition and reload it but my XP CD keeps crashing so I can't do anything with the NTFS partitions.

Re: Booting ME

ChuckBaker said:
Yes. ME will boot. and run. I cleaned off the ME partition and reloaded it. and I was going to reformat my XP partition and reload it but my XP CD keeps crashing so I can't do anything with the NTFS partitions.

Maybe your window's cd is spoiled~~~

Check your IDE, SATA or what ever you have cables. Make ure that they are properly fitted. I think Didi might be right. It could be your CD. Maybe you might be able to trade the CD where you got it from. They should really make warranties on CD, on valuable suff, like OS. lol

I'd reformat and just have xp on there. I have no idea why you have a dual boot with ME... that's just sick. Save anything you need and just load XP on the h.d.d. I really recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom