IBM---The Growing Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amd64Boy

In Runtime
As most of us know IBM has been making computers for some what 50 years now! IBM has many branches of their computer empire There is IBM pc's,servers,mainframes,handhelds,laptops,software and finally there somewhat "private" Power PC proccesor. What I mean by private is that there proccesors have been hiding in macs,game systems and even hi-tech tv's! If you havent noticed yet IBM is quite aquainted with game systems; the gamecube has a 433 Mhz power pc proccesor(IBM). And yet the up coming PS3 has also adapted to the family of IBM cpus. In 2006 the PS3 will be launched.Brace yourself for the next sentence. The PS3's IBM proccesor is clocked at a INSANE SPEED OF 5.6 GHZ!!!!! And no I did not meen mhz. Here is the next mind boggiling fact, this 5.6Ghz proccesor is THE SIZE OF A PUSH PIN! My sources tell me this cpu will be implanted in the PS3, Toshibas plasma tv, and one more product that I cant quite remember off the top of my head. Sadly enough this chip will never be put in a actual pc or be avadible for public puchase.Don't lose all hope of this chip, many hardware and software techies such as myself are and will be researching how to use the this chip in and as a regular computer . I do not find this task all that hard because after moding and messing around with a gamecube geting it to act similair to a computer. By the way you'd think the new PS3 would would cost a foutune due to its extreme chip architecure and design; but the prices have been bechmarked around $200,about $30 more then the PS2 when it first came out. I will update you on the continuing research if you wish. :D

Dont know about you but the PS2 costed $300 when it was first released, and if its that cheap then its a shitty cpu, a cpu that powerfull will push the system close to $400 if not more.... And where are your "sources"?

EDIT: changed PSU to cpu... Running on 1 hour of sleep here...

oh scott he's talking about the new ps2 the tiny slim ass one...i have one and it was like 200 when it first came out.

i also heard the sony is gonna start makin cpu's.

I dont know why they dont call it a PS2.5 Hell whats with the game systems now in days anyways? There getting as competative as computer companys and the people who make differnt parts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom