bios flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
is it worth flashing my bios to a newer version if the only problem i have with my current one is that i cant o/c any higher :p ?

Hmm, probably not, but if you're comfortable flashing then go for it. Generally you find better stability and whatnot through custom BIOSs but I don't know of any for MSI

If you had bought the gigabyte board instead of your msi you would not have to worry. :)
Dual BIOS prevents losing your BIOS if a flash goes bad. :D

Yea but go ahead and flash it you should be fine. I'm such a daredevil I have flashed my ASUS BIOS twice from within windows. And nothing happened to me.

Psht that's bein a daredevil? I've flashed mine over 20 times within windows lol, 10 of them being within an hour of each other.

nubius you really are a kamikaze on that damn computer :) flashin your bios can help oc better?

Not always. I was trying various custom BIOS's to see if one would provide better stability for higher FSB OC's.

This D27 from TicTac for example won't even post at 230MHz (DDR460) but with the previous one I had D26 Blackmantaray XT it would post up to 250MHz (DDR500) but obviously it wasn't anywhere near windows stable. Getting a 1gb of RAM to actually be stable at that with a socket A system is pretty much impossible

Oh yea I almost forgot. After you flash your BIOS go into your setup and do "Load optimized defaults"
That will help prevent some potential issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom