Lcd Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Baseband Member
my friend just got a new lcd monitor because his parents didnt want his eyes to get any worse as they are. Is it true that LCD Monitors are better for the eyes? i myself wear contacts and am using an LCD monitors hoping my eyes wont get any worse cuz vision is very important to me.

Yes LCD are better for your eyes. But what regulates that issue, is the distance you are from the monitor. If your 3 feet from a CRT, but inches from the LCD, then the LCD is more hazardous. Overall, you shouldent be very near any kind of display.

i dont know if theres a huge difference in the damage ur doing to ur eyes with LCd n CRt, but LCD's are easier to look at for prolonged amounts of time.. Im not sure, i mean you cant do too much damage, like when ur not on the comp ur probly watchin TV or something

o_O mom made me ask the eye doctor about this. He said that watching TV as long as your like...1 ft away you're fine. Just be sure to look away for 5-10 min every 30-45 min. Focus on any far away object he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom