Not open for further replies.

jammoboss

Solid State Member
Hi all this is my first thread, i hope you can help

Right here we go :)

I have two hard drives C: D:
CD/DVD drive E:
CDRW F:

BUT for some strange reason a new drive has appeared G: , in my system info its labled a AXV CD/DVD-rom SCSI cd/Rom device
Where has this come from?

When i unistall it, it reappears when i reboot. The first time i noticed it was when i burnt EA NBA 2003
CAN ANYONE HELP

TNX

I just found out something, i was just about to burn MVP baseball using alcohol 120% when in the device box the G: AXV was labled a virtual cd/dvd device?

Next to that was:

Media Satus Image file location
"media present - Loaded" "C:\NBA\NBA live 2003 GMD.ISO

there is no c:\NBA

Could this be the problem and if so how can i resolve it?

I have had a similar problem before, I dont know if is the same. Anyway, a while ago I installed CDRWin 5 to burn ISO files when I noticed a new drive appeared under My Computer. When I uninstalled CDRwin 5, the drive disappeared. But if you dont have CDRWin then I dont know what the problem is.

well i think i found your problem reading the alcohol description:

-----------------------------------------------------
Make perfect 1:1 back-ups of CDs, Alcohol 120% is really the ultimate DVD* / CD emulation and burning software.

Store your most used or important CDs as images on your computer and run them at 200x speed from up to 31 virtual CD or DVD drives!
-------------------------------------------------------

i have never used alcohol 120 before so i wouldn't know where to look, but you should have some way to turn off the virtual CD feature.

try looking for help on the website:

http://www.alcohol-software.com/

Ive just unistalled alcohol 120% and guess what? yep the (G: ) drive has dissapeared but i need alcohol because nero doesnt work with certain files, aptaptec is not compatible and isoburn is rubbish

i cant find a way of reloving this when alcohol is installed but tnx for informing me of the problem at least i know what caused it know.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom