What my Laptop worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

nka_88

Beta member
Hello, i'm having trouble figuring the worth of my Laptop
it's a Dell Inspiron (in Canadian Dollars plz)

14.1" LCD Display (no dead pixels)
866Mhz
256MB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 16 MB DDR
20GB Hardrive
24x CD-ROM
S-Video out
Integrated Network, and Modem
2.5 hour Batt. Life

Lostman said:
Laptop prices have really come down over the last year.

Disagree - I think laptops hold their value really well. I have a similar laptop, a bit older, slower, slightly less RAM and a smaller graphics card, about three or four years old if not five, and it's still worth a few hundred.

ultimadesigns said:
Disagree - I think laptops hold their value really well. I have a similar laptop, a bit older, slower, slightly less RAM and a smaller graphics card, about three or four years old if not five, and it's still worth a few hundred.

You can get a brand new laptop with an AMD XP in it for a grand. $650 maybe, but I don't see getting any more then that. Sorry guys, I'm a buyer for a living, I think it would be a push to get any more then that.

i have a 1ghz p3 dell with 512mb ram and 32mb video with a 30gb hard drive and 24x cd-rw/dvd drive. it was 2,500 when i bought it last year. so it would probably be about 800 now, and it also weighs like 500 lbs, so that would decrease the price a little :(

when i first seen dell, i thought "Crap"

personally i wouldnt pay more then 200 dollars for your laptop.

and on top of that, i find laptops ultra crappy compared to home pc's.

i have 4 sisters, 2 have pc's and 2 have laptops, 1 sister regrets the laptop, the other one will come around ;)

If your gonna buy a laptop, buy a ghetto one like yours, but of course only use it for web surfing and office work :)

spfd said:
when i first seen dell, i thought "Crap"

personally i wouldnt pay more then 200 dollars for your laptop.

and on top of that, i find laptops ultra crappy compared to home pc's.

i have 4 sisters, 2 have pc's and 2 have laptops, 1 sister regrets the laptop, the other one will come around ;)

If your gonna buy a laptop, buy a ghetto one like yours, but of course only use it for web surfing and office work :)

:D

I've finally realized that if it isn't home built, it is generally crap. ;)

Not true. Why do people get laptops?

1. Portability
2. Portability
3. Portability
4. Portability

If you arn't going to take it anywhere, then it's not worth the trade-offs. But to a lot of people, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom