Getting A New CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePriceisRight

Solid State Member
I'm getting a new CRT monitor to go with my new comp as I have heard they are better and cheaper for gaming. Currently I am interested in Viewsonic and am looking at atleast 19" for it. Any advice appreciated.

p.s. Trying to stay within in $300-$400 Canadian, so around $200-$260 US dollars.

No advice; Viewsonic is awesome. Cant go wrong with it.

Sometimes you can find used moniters that are still in great shape and come with warranties. Im using a used moniter and its great.

i got a used one from ebay. cost me £150(GBP) is a lush 22" flat screen crt i wouldnt get anything smaller now :D

ah well i planned mine and my desk is huge, wouldnt mind 3 nice 19" tfts though.

about the original topic, as long as u check the monitor is workin fine i dont see a problem with buying 2nd hand. there are far too many makes to try and mention but look for the high resolutions and the high fps, for 19" u want at least 1600x1200 at around 70htz min 80htz would be better.

Price,

If you are willing to look at used CRTs, check out RetroBox (http://tinyurl.com/5t8hx). The link goes to their PC Monitors page, listed in descending screen size. When I checked it, they had three 19" monitors, ranging from $120 - $130 with $27.50 shipping.

I got this really good 19inch Flat SamSung CRT, for 200$ US. The front is striaght silver, and the back is black. It has very high resolution, as does any 19inch CRT. I dont suggest ordering a CRT, because shipping for such big objects are very expensive. Im talking 40-100$ US. With that much money, you could simply get a better monitor. So go look around at popular stores in your area.

CRT's arent like LCD's. You cant really find a bad one. Just make sure you stay at 19inch +. All stores have great deals on CRT's. So i highly recommend finding one off line. Just make sure you know what you want, and understand monitor properties. With that knowledge, you can find a great CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom