Budget card battle: 6600GT VS. X800 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that second link you posted gaara. That x800 xl was owning even the nvidia SLI setups. Pretty sweet. And the price performance charts at the end really do prove that the x800 xl is now the best price performance ratio card out there.

In that driverheaven review garaa linked, they are using forceware 67.03, old freakin known buggy drivers. I'd like to see the benches recalculated with the latest 71.84, but still I'm not argueing that it isn't a good card, I'm merely saying that comparing it to the 6600GT is pointless and is apples and oranges here.

What next a 2GHz Celeron vs 2.6GHz FX-55 thread?

Yea but it's not comparing it to the 6600 GT. It's conparing it to the 6600 GT SLI which is more expensive than the x800 xl by far. I think that is an acceptable comparison.

In your sarcastic example it would be similar to two 2ghz celerons vs. one fx-55

dude ur like the biggest douche...

Look @ the title of the post..

6600GT Vs. X800XL.

but now u pull from ur ass that its an SLI 6600GT??

well imo there is NOTHNG budget about SLI, so I'm not suprised... and U CANNOT compare SLi to a single card.. it works difrerently, jus t because theres 2 of them, it doesnt mean they are both working to maximum, please inform yourself more b4 you try and make such ridiculous posts

I have no idea why this thread was created... Common knowledge tells you the answer.. The XL is basically 300$, thats alot of money. Like Gaara said, it has 16 pipelines, you cant nor should waste your time comparing. Now gradually everyone is getting cocky. Besides you should know better to make this kind of thread, you should already know you cannot compare such cards.

It's conparing it to the 6600 GT SLI which is more expensive than the x800 xl by far.
It'd be about the price of a single 6800GT, besides it's common knowledge SLI isn't supposed to be used for low resolutions, it starts working the more you try and tax it, Buuuut personally I think SLI is a lame concept anyway. Bit too buggy, way too expensive, blah blah blah, and ATI is following suit because they are making their own SLI....obviously not called that, but still same concept....ridiculous. Also...even still....if they are using older crappy drivers, that would have a huge impact on performance, because SLI even as buggy as it is now, was even more so when it first came out obviously

My 'sarcastic' example is no more ridiculous than the original concept of an X800XL vs a 6600GT

Ohhhhhh so its a SLI now.... Nubius your VERY currect, out-dated drivers really bottleneck your system. Thats what the X800 XT PE has over the Ultra, newer drivers. They still shouldent be compared.

VIII said:
dude ur like the biggest douche...

Look @ the title of the post..

6600GT Vs. X800XL.

but now u pull from ur ass that its an SLI 6600GT??

well imo there is NOTHNG budget about SLI, so I'm not suprised... and U CANNOT compare SLi to a single card.. it works difrerently, jus t because theres 2 of them, it doesnt mean they are both working to maximum, please inform yourself more b4 you try and make such ridiculous posts
Hmm well first of all I was referring to the benchmarks that involved 6600 gt in SLI. And you are right you can't compare them, I don't know why so many respected websites benchmark them against other cards because clearly they should have consulted you first, being all-knowing as you are.

And in retrospect I mainly started the thread not to state the difference between the two cards, which obviously I know considering I posted the stats in the first place and knew how many pipes each had, but rather to compare which one performs better as far as budget goes. Meaning that when someone asks for a good video card the x800 xl could be considered a suggestion since I believe it has a BETTER price performance ratio than the 6600 gt. I guess I should change the topic to speifically state it better to compare the performance AND price. That is why I listed the prices in my post as well. I was trying to make the prices factor in but instead everyone is just looking at the benchmarks and saying the x800 xl wins.

I want to know what everyone thinks about which card would win IF YOU FACTORED PRICE INTO IT. This was meant to be a constructive thread. I don't think it warrants immature and antagonistic responses like that of VIII.

I will quote a famous line for that one, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Whoa whoa whoa, people calm down, flaming isn't needed, I didn't even notice VIII's comments beforehand...as expected the thread went out of line, but hey it went 3 pages before it did lol, I've seen worse

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom