How to get into old files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundmaster2.0

In Runtime
I reinstalled windows over my old account which was password protected by accident and now i can't get into the files that where in my documents. It doesn't even give me a password prompt it just says access denied. Is there anyway to get into them?

Well thats a lil idea that should work hopefully........use a friend's PC and connect ur hard drive as slave , u would be able to see all ur files and copy wat u want out of ( My documents )

hope that helps

weswes said:
Well thats a lil idea that should work hopefully........use a friend's PC and connect ur hard drive as slave , u would be able to see all ur files and copy wat u want out of ( My documents )

hope that helps

it wouldn't work unless you had knoppix or something like that

nvm i used my linux live cd, formated my other hard drive as fat 32 so linux and window could see it, then got into the files with linux and saved them to the fat 32 partition it worked marvilously.

if you would have took ownership in safe mode it would have worked. I
have point at least 10 people to that link and it fixed their problem

you also could logon as adminstrator

and copy and pasted those files out to another folder

yea but even then there were some files that wouldn't extract out of a few zip folders i had in there. Linux took care of that. Windows is a lil buggy about extracting stuff for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom