Dual monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't have two graphics cards in your system, 1 AGP and one PCI, that's not the way it works.

You plug a monitor into each plug on your one graphics card and within your advanced settings (desktop>properties>advanced) is where you set up two monitors

bugger, guess i thought it was easier than i thought. My GPU has 1x VGA, 1x DVI and 1x SVIDIO, so do i need a converter to convert the dvi to vga

sry to correct a mob nudius but u can have two graphics cards for dual monitors or as many as u want, im looking to do it myself cos 2 monitors off the same card puts alot of stress on it. Im not sure how to do it but its built into windows, i think it would be alot easier if u use both nvidia or both ati, well thats wat im planning on doin.

i have quite a few pci grapics cards, my main AGP one is ATI, but all the pci ones are MGA, SIS and companies like that.

you guys are ALL noobies at a point. my videocard has 2 monitor plugins but u can get a video card and plug a monitor in that and plug the other in integrated videocard

Nubius said:
You can't have two graphics cards in your system, 1 AGP and one PCI, that's not the way it works.

Not true. I have personally had 1 AGP card (Radeon 9000 pro) and 2 PCI cards (Radeon 7000 and another old ATi card) running in one computer driving four monitors. All I did was install my ATi drivers once I had all the cards in, and turned on the "extended desktop" or whatever you want to call it and I was good to go.

Yeah Extended desktop was what I was talking about when I said to go to his desktop properties to do multiple monitors, but you have to select whether you want the computer to display via AGP or PCI...how would it be able to differ between AGP and PCI and know which you wanted to play games on? I was under the impression one will take over the other

Beyond that assuming you did get it to work, then the PCI would want to show exactly the same as the AGP, so setting up all the various 'desktops' would be another task in it's own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom