mack

In Runtime
Alright.

I bought a new computer, put it together, etc. The specs:

XFX (Division of Pine) Mach4 motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200
20 GIG Western Digital HDD
128MB DDR Ram (upgrading soon)

When I try to boot it up, the moniter's light stays on orange. I have removed the motherboard, placed it back, it's not touching metal to ground itself, it has been working fine for a long time. I took out the video card and put it back in. I tried my video card (ATI Radeon 9200 PRO) same problem.

When it did work, the screen kept turning black for about 5 seconds and it would go back.

If the computer was left to idle for about 3 hours, it would be completely frozen. Once rebooted, nothing would happen - no moniter.

I don't know what this means. I just built this computer for my dad...

When I first built it I had a similar problem the first power up. I had to remove the card and push it in super hard in order to make it to go on - took me about 15 minutes. But now it refuses to work. I tried it on a different moniter, I hooked my laptop up to the moniter - no work. Any clues?

Well i know you say its not touching any metal but take the mobo w/ processor ram and vid card out of the case and set it on some cardboard and hook up the monitor and power the pc on. Also when you do this check for post beeps to make sure the computer is posting.

Alright. I'll do this.

However, is it possible that something shorted out? Because the video card starts up on my own computer and everything works fine. Thanks for the help, I'll keep you updated as I am going off to do this now.

psychobrigade00 said:
does it even beep for posting?? do the fans spin up?? what watt power supply you using?? does the HDD make any noise??

No beeps.
CPU fan is spinning.
300 Watt.
Yes the harddrive is making noises.

I am sending the motherboard back to the manufactor because it's only 2 weeks old.

I checked the mother board for anything that could insist that it was bad, but nothing was there.

Thanks for the help, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom