CREATIVE Sound Blaster AUDIGY 2 ZS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creatice and AC97 games and noraml user

emu for musicians

that all

The problem that i have with the audigy 2 ZS is i didnt do my research and didnt bought a audiophile 2496 which would of suited me more.

senseless said:
When you're used to high end audio equipment audigy 2zs = ac97. I brought home a firewire-410 for gaming today, get to keep it till monday. Should be intresting, i can tell a huge difference between it and the zs. For 499$ one would expect so, But i'd say it's going to be the best thing down from a fireface 800. The boss ordered a couple revolution 7.1 cards today, i'll get to take those home sometime next week. I'll install sonar *ugh* this weekend and do some testing on the firewire-410. Also going to repeat a series of tests that were done on some audio products @ tom's hardware.

so, we'll see.

I guess some of us aren't so lucky. :rolleyes:

its a nice sound card, but you can get the 24-bit on motherboards now as well. Intel HDA (previously knows as Azalia) must be coming with very good sound chip, also VIA Vinyl is coming on AMD Motherboards.

Also, something i learned today was that the audigy cards do not have an onboard dsp processor. The driver uses the cpu for dsp processing, the revolution cards have an oncard dsp processor ontop of having better converters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom