Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
hey i won this mother board in my second computer:
http://www.mainboard.cz/mb/gigabyte/GA-6VM7A.htm
and it had a Pentium Celeron 566/128/66/1.5
and i purchased a Celeron 1200/256/100/1.5
now when the first celeron is in, it boots up fine, but when i tried installing the new one, nothing happens when i start it up?
they are both socket 370.

thanks

well they are the same socket, how else does it have to support it?
take a look at the page for my mobo, what else is there?

thanks

check that everything else is working, perhaps its not the CPU. also.

TRY RESETING YOUR BIOS. you should always reset your BIOS when adding new hardware. Also maybe the CPU could just be faulty, proberly not but maybe it could. Else try to get someone who knows computers well to take a look.

How do i reset my bios?

if i put the older CPU in everything boots fine.

and lol i thought this was a computer forum, dont you guys know computers?

thanks

Insults... yah, that works.

When the motherboard first boots, it should have a message a the bottom that tells you to press a key to enter setup or bios. Press this key. When the bios appears, select the save and exit option. If that dosnt work, than look at the motherboard for a jumper that says ON and CMOS CLEAR. Flip the jumper to CMOS CLEAR for a while, than flip it back (It probably wont say it on the board, you'll have to look it up in paper work).

Also, the motherboard may not support that celeron speed. If not, than it will never work.

By the way... ****!

EDIT:

Okay, the motherboard supports up to a multiplier of 8.

Your front bus speed is 100, correct?

8x100=800 MHz.

Could it be you multiplier is too high? Does anyone else know?

ok i saved the bios and exited. Nothing.
I looked for a jumper that says those. Nothing.
I tried to understand this
By the way... ****!
Nothing.
And I also tried to understand this:

Your front bus speed is 100, correct? 8x100=800 MHz. Could it be you multiplier is too high? Does anyone else know?

???

Front bus speed multiplied by your multiplier determines your CPU speed. You said, I believe (1200/256/100/1.5) that your front bus is 100. That means your multiplier has to be 12 to make it a 1200 MHz processor. You board only supports up to a multiplier of 8.

I could be wrong though, or your processor may have a higher speed front bus. Of course, your the onyl one that can tell me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom