Xp Pro activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper

Baseband Member
Hello folks.

I am still getting a count down for my windows activation (21 days to go), even though it is already activated.

When i click on activate i get
cq0ia

It does disapear when i click ok, but when i reboot i still get the same, but a day less on the reminder. Will this lock up on me in about three weeks time ?

Or anyone got any idea how to rid of the countdown reminder ??

Any help much appreciated.
Copper.

Did you recently install Service Pack 2 for XP?
Just follow the instructions when it comes up. If you activated it prior to SP2, then this is normal. It happened to me when I installed SP2 on one of my laptops. I simply re-activated it using the same original key and it hasn't come up since.

Must be a Pro thing, the many times I have installed and activated XP home, it never did that.
No, it's not a Pro thing. The XP activation script is only different in metadata, not function.

If you activated it prior to SP2, then this is normal.
Uh, no. Having activated XP, and then updating to SP2, does not cause Windows to go on an activation tantrum.

Sometimes the authentication gets hung-up. Try checking out what Vance said. Also, connect to Microsoft and run the auto-update.

If you have a legal copy of XP, you have nothing to worry about. If worst comes to worst, you'll just have to call their toll-free help-line.

Thanks for all the replies.

Blind_Arrow - I did just recently change some RAM !!

mikesgroovin - I haven't installed SP2, i had ordered the CD for it from Microsoft, which should be here anyday now, i'll see what happens when i stick that in.

Once again thanks for all the replies.

Copper.

I have almost the same problem. I have SP2. Mine brings up a msg says avtivate windows within 2 days and when i click on "Activate Now" it just goes away. I tried to type in %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a but i get an error msg. Will my system locks up. please help me guys i only have 2 days left..Does it help if i remove SP2??!!

go to start, run and type "regedit"
then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\WPAevents
then change the value of OOBETimer to anything
then exit regedit

that should deactivate Windows. now just activate again after you restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom