Building Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok thats for the info on that OEM, better check I dont have any OEM products

Guess I don't need an installation manual for Windows XP home :p

i have the dfi board you're planning to get

using the 66.93 stock driver, i get 45k @ x2 and 53k @ x16, so if that xtra 8000 points matters to you (and you're planning to get another video card), you should think about getting the SLI version of your mobo (unless it's over your budget)

also, does anyone think the TT case's psu is a lil bit low? 18A@12V (but i'm pretty sure it'll work, but if you plan on overclocking i don't think that psu will do it)

DJ-CHRIS said:
No offernse, but if your overvolting your processor, that's a low speed.

I'm not going to do anything insane with a retail heatsink. 400mhz overclock for a stock system isnt bad.

Is the upgrade to the SLI mobo worth it? I mean I probably won't be upgrading video cards for awhile, and the computer will be used 99% for gaming, practically ALL FPS (First Person Shooters), or should I just go back to the 3800 CPU instead of the 3500? One or the other :p I have been also hearing that DFI motherboards are for more advanced people in BIOS and I'm not one of those, is this true? Thanks

In 2 years when 6800s are worthless and video games eat them alive, you will be able to buy another one (for like 100$ in 2 years). You'll get a huge boost for almost nothing. I've never used a DFI motherboard, they look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom