Reliability of Raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone suggest a good site for buying a pre-made computer?

Yes, overclocking is simple, but I would still read as much as possible about it before you start doing it. Post any questions on these forums and read this thread: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22031
Also search google for more info, or just search this forum.

I would build your own, it should be cheaper but I dunno how much.

My current system which is costing me nearly $600 after i get me new RAM and a new video card if it was made by dell would cost nearly $900 or $1000 based on the ones ive seen at the school media center -.-

senseless, why would i lie...? Im a very active member, do you think i want to be known as a lair??? Once i fix my computer, i'll dedicate a thread for that benchmark.

EDIT: Wrong Person

alrighty then.

fyi, i built a 6 drive u320 raid 0 array like 2 weeks ago maybe? The machine was for live streaming... anyway, that system only benchmarked 220-230ish mb/s (it was sent out as raid 0+1 but, i wanted to see what 6 drives could do =)

Plus, i build tons of video editing machines that use 2 74 gb raptors as the render drive.. I know what they benchmark, and its not what you say it is.. Dunno, maybe you read it wrong? or forgot?

Gezzz, sounds nice. I had no idea you could exceed over 150mb with Serial SATA. Saturday after my system was finished. Me and my friend started running benchmarks. I was at 183mb, that has alot to do with my mobo having it built in. Rather then a Raid card. Either way, i'll post those results. My system crashed tuesday from OC. Im going to fix it this saturday, since i have to go over to his house. Because i have a illegel copy of windows, and a stolen CD-Key. So i have no Windows disk.

1) What your motherboard has built in is a raid card

2) That benchmark was for SCSI "u320" drives

3) dare i ask, Why you have to go to your friends house to fix your computer?

I'll have to get some sandra benchmarks to see how the two SATA western digital's I have stack up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom