Is this performance ok? (regarding CS:S Performance test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently been having problems with skipping in CS:S, I've modded everything there is to be modded when it comes to graphics that didn't fix it, I updated new drivers that didn't fix it, I've played around with my graphics settings and in-game settings it is just consistant to skip everynow and again on a regular basis.

I get that ALOT. The only problem I can think of after all the pissing around would be my Processer is running hot, because it only seems to skip if i've had the game running for sometime causing the processer to work harder.

You both are getting poor performance because you both have NVIDIA cards. This is the same reason a couple people made threads about how their x800 pro's sucked on doom 3. Basically ATI and NVIDIA are near each other in most games. Except in doom 3 and counter strike in which case they are like 20 fps apart.

This isn't FPS we are talking about this is actualy game glitching I mean when the glitching is happening the fps is at around 100/30. I don't know what the reason is, I guess I'am just unlucky ;)

ApM maybe it is because you overclocked too high. 3.4 ghz is quite a large overclock for an AMD I think.

I don't know man, I just played CS:Source for the first time at a LAN this past saturday, everything cranked maxed, although I don't think I had an AA or AF on...and I didn't notice any slowdown at all....I haven't run the stress test though so I'll get back to you on that ;)

But keep in mind people, anything over 50, hell even 40 FPS is considered smooth. It's lame to see people saying 'What the hell! I only get 80 instead of 90 FPS'

EDIT: Aright, did two video stress tests with source:

First one:
1024x658 Resolution
2x AA
Trilinear AF

All maxed out details of course

Score: 96.43FPS

2nd one:
1024x768 Resolution
2x AA
4x AF

Max details
Score: 94.73FPS

2.5GHz XP-M
215MHz DDR430 RAM with 2.5-3-3-7 timings
incase you guys wanted other specs.

6600GT stock speeds.

1024x658 Resolution

^What the heck kind of resolution is this? Me thinks nubius has made a typo, which proved he has fudged these results! :p :p

all stock:

amd 64 3200+ @ 2ghz/leadtek 6600gt pci-e @ 500/1000 i get 134fps on cs:s stress with max detail, no AA, trillinear filtering on AF

could this have something to do with my bandwidth @ 16x that raised my score?

1024x658 Resolution

^What the heck kind of resolution is this? Me thinks nubius has made a typo, which proved he has fudged these results!
Whoooops, I only did it on that one so I think you can deduce it's supposed to be 768...names nubius, or nubioso if you want to change it up. Nublet sounds like a chunk of meat, so stop trying to be 'cute'

all stock:

amd 64 3200+ @ 2ghz/leadtek 6600gt pci-e @ 500/1000 i get 134fps on cs:s stress with max detail, no AA, trillinear filtering on AF

could this have something to do with my bandwidth @ 16x that raised my score?
Nah, probabl the simply fact you don't have any AA on at all, I didn't stress test with absolutely no AA with Trilinear AF, so I don't know what I would have gotten there, but AA will most definitely take a nice chunk out of frame rate. Try that and see what kind of difference it makes...also it seems like CS does a decent job of testing CPU and RAM also, which the AMD64's memory bandwidth is a lot better than socket A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom