Speaker System recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirage

Baseband Member
i have this DVD player that says it "supports 5.1 channel".i dont know what that means to be honest.

do you have any recommendations that i can use both for my dvd player/tv as well as on my PC?

currently im looking at altec lansing website.

thanks!

okay, to explain:
5.1 surround sound systems consist of 5 satellites (speakers that 'surround' you) and a subwoofer for lower frequency sound (bass)

as for good speaker systems,
i suggest the Logitech Z-680
and the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1
oh, and pretty much any speaker set can be used with your tv, given the right connections.

thanks,shift!

i have sets of speakers here at home that i can use with my tv but its not that good.so when i planned on buying new speakers for my pc,i thought why not buy something that can be used for my tv as well.

are the speaker you suggested better than the altec i was looking for?

thanks!

shift,that was a nice set of speakers!

but the price i think is a little too much.
i think i can go as far as $100USD only.

oh....ummmm...
Try the Logitech Z-640 then.
It won't pump out the same room-shattering power as the other two i suggested, but it's digital-ready and $80 or so.
If you can, though, you should try to save up for the Z-680
as it pwns all :p

i saw the z-640 already and took note of it.
i'l try to check if i can find it in our local stores.

thanks!

my recommendation:
dont buy surround speakers.
i think it would be lame, too much wires. i have a logitec 2 speaker/1sub system that i paid almost 100 cndian for, its good and everything yea, but the cables are a biatch.

wait till speakers go wireless!
id spend over 200 on a set of wireless surround speakers.

or actually, just hook it up to your stero, mini stero ect.. u can get surround sound off that if it aint a ghetto one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom