Budget card battle: 6600GT VS. X800 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale5605

Daemon Poster
This is it. The battle of the budget high-performance cards. Flaming is acceptable and highly encouraged. (jk) :p

I have not been able to find any "6600 gt VS. x800 XL" articles but they are compared in several benchmarks in other articles. If you have any good links to places where the cards are compared, post them.

Here are just a few basic stats to start us off.

6600 GT

Current Price: ~$180
Memory: 128MB GDDR3, 128 bit
Pixel Pipelines: 8
Vertex Shader Pipelines: 3

X800 XL
Current Price: ~$290
Memory: 256MB GDDR3, 256 bit
Pixel Pipelines: 16
Vertex Shader Pipelines: 6

Let's not worry about clock speeds, they vary too much and aren't very comparable.

Let the battle begin! :beard:

:freak:

oh and btw..

that review looks like BS.. i play hl2 on better settings than that and get like 3x the FPS, and same with doom 3 on my 6600GT..

+ look @ the drivers they used, haha, how lame

actually i would have to say thast not a far battle at all. 16 pipelines compared to 8 pipes,,,,, 128meg of 128bit GDDR3 compared to 256meg of 256bit GDDR3. thats nto a really good comparison. of course its gonna pwn the 6600GT. Oh yea ATi dosent nececarily beat Nvidia at HL2.

dale5605, this thread will probably be closed lol. I think its pretty obvious the XL is better.

Codeine said:
dale5605, this thread will probably be closed lol. I think its pretty obvious the XL is better.
I'm sorry, I stacked it. :(

Well I only made this thread to give the x800 xl a chance in recommendations to people for a budget card. Right now everybody says 6600 gt and personally I think the performance price ratio on this card is actually better! :eek:

Wierd, the the $300 X800XL beats the $200 6600GT (barely), while the $200 6600GT craps on the $400 X800 Pro. ATI is really horrible this generation, especially with price/performance ratio. I wouldn't recommend going with any of the Radeon X series.

Well it's still not a 'budget' card per se...$200 is about the good budget range and about the time that X800XL hits that, the 6600GT will be like $100 lol....the prices for both cards will continue to drop, so this is a pointless comparison. No doubt the X800XL is a good card, not gonna argue that, but once it hits $200, like I said the 6600GT will be even cheaper, so no matter what the 6600GT will remain the best 'budget' card for this generation and the X800XL will be a 'damn good heavy gamers card' for a moderate price.

This is comparing apples and oranges here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom