Is this performance ok? (regarding CS:S Performance test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to 90% of the people on these forums the 6600 GT is a top-of-the-line card so I don't see how comparing it to mine would be pointless. He could see how his measures up to the best card for that game so he knows exactly what he isn't getting, see? Ok not quite the best, but 2nd best after x850xt pe.

Well according to 90% of the people on these forums the 6600 GT is a top-of-the-line card so I don't see how comparing it to mine would be pointless.
Don't know who you're talking to, but no one says the 6600GT is the top of the line card. It's the best performance/price ratio there is, that's all.

It's not just your card dale, 2gb of high performance memory, his isn't even PC3200 muchless 2gb of it, a 10K rpm drive, your processor alone, theres tons of contributors that would make your system destroy his. It wouldn't even be worth comparing.

dale5605 said:
Well according to 90% of the people on these forums the 6600 GT is a top-of-the-line card so I don't see how comparing it to mine would be pointless. He could see how his measures up to the best card for that game so he knows exactly what he isn't getting, see? Ok not quite the best, but 2nd best after x850xt pe.

They may come close, but their's a 3x price difference or something :p

Nublet, I said "a" top of the line card, not "the" top. And I don't think it's wrong to consider it a top-of-the-line card. If it runs a lot of games at good settings I think it's definitely a top of the line. I mean the price of the x800 xl has dropped to about $290 and I don't know who wouldn't consider this a top of the liner.

Personally I would like to start a debate comparing the price and performance of the x800 xl with the 6600 gt. Because I think as the x800 xl drops in price it will rival the 6600 gt as the #1 high-performance budget card. :p

And DJ I'm sure my system was at least 3 times as expensive. But I got some things that were very expensive that probably didn't need to be. Like that little raptor hard drive set me back $140. And the monitor was about $300. But he has an AMD and a NVIDIA so he should be able to own my computer no matter what since AMD/NVIDIA > Intel/ATI :(

I think my cardclock speeds came at 300/500 which compared to other Geforce6600GT is quite shite.

Nublet, I said "a" top of the line card, not "the" top
lol Nublet? oook ummmm daley boy? :p But yeah I see what you're saying about "A" top card. Although I've still basically seen it referenced as the best performing budget card, but we're basically saying the same thing.

Because I think as the x800 xl drops in price it will rival the 6600 gt as the #1 high-performance budget card.
Wouldn't doubt it, buuut the 6600GT is dropping price as well. Just two weeks ago I paid $199 for the eVGA and now it's $179! Doh! lol...dang price changes...I have a friend who just bought the X800XL actually, he got it for $289.

AMD/NVIDIA > Intel/ATI
Nah, that might be prone here or something but I don't think that's really true. I have two friends that are AMD and ATI. Friends house I'm at right now is 2400+ XP and 9600XT 256mb, friend that I was at a LAN with had 2500+ XP-M and had a 6800, regular, but he blatently told me he's a big ATI fan, that's why he's getting the X800XL

my card (sig) got a 7404 in 3dmark03. But in CS:S testi get 104 fps with meduim settings at 1024 x 980 (i think thats the resolution). I get bad fps in cs_compound (20-50) and a couple other maps. i can play farcry and doom 3 on high no problem. i think cs source jus hates me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom