Reliability of Raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are more RAID arrays you might want to consider. RAID 4 and RAID 5 for example.

You need a RAID capable IDE or SATA controller (RAID controller) and at least 2 identical HD's.

The reason i didn't mention them is because raid 0+1 is better. Raid 5 is old school, i don't know anyone who uses it anymore.

No, I mean where can I buy a computer with Raid 0+1, I'm not building my own. I'm 15 years old, I wouldn't be able to figure it out without ****ing something up.

Well I can understand not wanting to build a PC yourself. But you could jsut get a pre-made PC and then add in the extra hard drives. It takes a lot less skill. The only thing you have to be able to do is open the case, slide in the hard drives, put a few screws in to hold 'em, and then attach a couple cables (use you can use pictures to help you).

I built my first pc at 14, didnt know very much, so i would have people from the net help me. But learn, or try to learn as you go, its actully fun unless you get corrupt files on the first install like i did....

Thats okay, I just wanna find a place with Raid 0+1 in a pre-made computer, which is reasonably priced. (Starting under 4K)

Actually, maybe I'll build my own (if you guys insist that it's not hard) but how much cheeper is it to build your own? And is it simple to do things such as overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom