My temp to high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you get to a certain low temp the PC lose's performance unless the CPU is overclocked enough... Thats what i think anyways lol... But my 64bit 2800+ oced to 2.25Ghz is only at 85F and at MAX 110F.....

so ur sayin if u get the temp too low without overclocking it. then it wont be as good...i find that hard to believe

That really only happens with high water cooling. If you get the temp really low (talking much lower than room temperature than it probably will affect performance slightly). You have absolutely nothing to worry about, the cooler the better/longer life/better reliability. And of course you can overclock it more for higher performance.

No matter how cool your system is, it will not run faster. In a slight sense it will. By this, i mean your computer wont have to stress under heat while dealing with applications. Basically, your system will run at the rate its suppost to. So it dont increase speed.

I dont know who told you your system will run slower at low temps unless you OC. Thats not true at all. Having a low temp, is having a low temp. Now if your system gets to cold, with OC or not. It can result in physical damage. But that kind of temp, is beyond anything we can get too. Im talking about -200 degrees celcius.

Ive had a cpu at 32F once before because i left the window open and it was snowing out and me asleep in the room, and it was as slow as hell from the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom