Compaq EVO N1000c Booting problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
I think I fried my motherboard. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

Well, my problems is that my Comapq EVO N1000c laptop wont start! It happened today (March.15/2005). I accidently sat on one of the USB wires. Then I heard a crack. I looked at the back of the laptop and the USB port was bent and you guys know that black little thing inside the port, well that came out. I tried to put it back in. When I did, the laptop shut down, and I tried to boot it. Nothing happened:angry: :angry: :eek: :mad: Then I noticed the AC in LED was not on, and the cord was fitted perfectly in. I took it off and put it back on. NO LIGHT!! These are my two guesses: I fried the CPU (ran at 60-70 degrees Celsius), or the "power supply" ( do laptop's have them) gave out.

These are my specs:

Product Identification
Product Line Compaq Evo Notebook
Model N1000c
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
General
Notebook Type Notebook
Dimensions (WxDxH) 12.9 in x 10.6 in x 1.6 in
Weight 7.1 lbs
Processor
Processor Intel Pentium 4-M 1.8GHz
Processor Data Bus Speed 400MHz
System Memory
System Memory 256MB (installed) / 1GB (max) - DDR SDRAM - PC2100 - 266MHz
Video Output
Graphics Controller ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500 - 32MB
Display
Display 15" TFT active matrix - 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
Max Resolution 1024 x 768
Storage
Hard Drive 1 x 40GB
Optical Storage CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo - integrated
Optical Storage Read Speed 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD)
Optical Storage Write Speed 8x
Optical Storage Rewrite Speed 8x
Floppy Drive 3.5" 1.44MB floppy - integrated
Expansion and Connectivity
Expansion Slots Total (Free) 1 (1) x MultiPort
1 (1) x CardBus - type II
2 (1) x memory - SO DIMM 200-pin
I/O Connectors parallel - IEEE 1284 (EPP/ECP) - 25 pin D-Sub (DB-25)
keyboard / mouse - generic - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style)
display / video - S-video output - 4 pin mini-DIN
display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
IEEE 1394 (FireWir
Audio
Audio Sound card
Networking
Modem Fax / modem - Mini PCI - 56 Kbps
Networking Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet
Software / Accessories
OS Provided Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Software Included Drivers & Utilities
Input Devices Keyboard, touchpad, pointing stick
Power
Battery Average Run Time 3hour(s)
Battery Technology Lithium ion

lol sorry for all this complicated stuff.

MAY YOU PLEASE HELP ME!!! I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!

You probably fried something. That is my guess since this all started when you put the little black thing back in (i have no idea what it was)
Take it to a local PC repair shop and ask them just for a professional diagnosis (like $20) And see if it even worth repairing.

Maybe it could have been the CPU? If I fried the CPU, would the AC in LED come on when I plug it in?

I dont think you would get a Power light if a critical part got fried. My guess is to bring it to a professional. It is not something you can repair on your own.

maybe I put the USB port thingy the wrong way, like negative and negative and positive and positive. What if I buy a new motherboard. I know where to get one. It's for 600 bux canadian sounds good? And the CPU, if that is damaged, there is one for 180 bux and the 2.2 GHz is 150 bux canadian. Probably the 2.2 GHz are more popular.

I probably damaged the motherboard. If I do bring it to a professonial, won't they charge a lot of money? lol

Just ask them for a diagnosis NOT A REPAIR just a professional opinion.
I do not think you can repair a laptop yourself. I know if it was me I would have a professional "laptop" tech do it. The diagnosis will run you about $20-30

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!! It's fixed!!!!!!!!!!. I just rebuilt the whole laptop, nothing is damaged!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for helping me!!!!!!!!!!

wat exactly did u do, open it up take everything out and put everything back in or wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom