cooling + ocing

Status
Not open for further replies.
7700-cu :)

I will say one thing about this hs, it is highly recommended that you have a removable motherboard tray. If my awesome $31 case didn't have a removable mobo tray I think it would have been much more difficult. You would have to have someone hold it up for you. It weights about 2.2 pounds.
The thing moves a lot of air around right in the middle of your case. So like the description says it basically does also cool down ram, northbridge, vga, etc. My case works especially well because there is a fan on the side of the case pointed directly at the processor so it feeds air right into the zalman.
Installation was easy, took all of 3 minutes. All you have to do is twist a couple screws into a couple nipples. :p

man that baby is mine!!!! have you oc yet? what are you temp at stock and if you've oc what are they then and how far did you get.

I haven't oc'ed yet I am still waiting on the thermaltake 680w purepower PSU I ordered so in the interim I am just using an old dell psu on it. I can't run the video card or anything since the PSu I'm using is only 250w. I didn't check the temps in bios just using a desktop monitoring program which reads 26C, but that might be off by a little.
I'm also trying to give it some time to let the thermal compound settle so my temps drop a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom