Actual CPU frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically your only real option is to buy new memory... I'd say try borrowing a stick of PC3200 memory off of someone if you can and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, go ahead and buy some.

If you use a stick of PC3200 and PC2700 you'll be limited to the PC2700. If you run 2 sticks of 512MB PC3200 in dual channel, you'll have optimum performance

It should go back to 3GHz, if you use PC3200 RAM. If you use both speeds of RAM, it will underclock to the slow stuff anyways, and you'll be back to where you started.

Setting your memory to operate at specific ratio to your FSB. I dont do this much, so I cant provide details, but theoretically you could run your memory at 333mhz and still raise your FSB to get the desired CPU clock speed. Hell if I know exactly what ratio you would need, though :(

It's a configuration in the BIOS that lets you set the memory to make up for the loss by comparing it to the FSB speeds.

I didn't suggest it simply because you mentioned that you didn't want to mess with frequencies, etc. It's default is 1:1 (FSB runs at same frequency as memory), but you can change it as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom